LGBT Health and Wellbeing, 9 Howe Street, EdinburghEH3 6TE
Phone: 0131 523 1100
LGBT Health and Wellbeing was set up in 2003 to promote the health, wellbeing and equality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Scotland. It provides support, services and information to improve health and wellbeing, reduce social isolation and stimulate community development and volunteering.
It provides a varied programme of services, events, courses and groups, mostly delivered in Glasgow or from its centrally located Edinburgh base. It also runs the LGBT Helpline Scotland, open 12-9pm every Tuesday and Wednesday (0300 123 2523).
The organisation’s key objectives are to:
- provide a programme of activities which tackle the life circumstances that contribute to the ill-health of LGBT people
- reduce levels of isolation and social exclusion experienced by LGBT people
- strengthen the capacity of the LGBT community to promote the health of individuals
- support individuals to adopt and sustain healthy lifestyles
- ensure that LGBT people have equity of access to mainstream health services and information which are responsive to their needs