Phone: 07854 836605
Luvviebabes is a drop-in drama group where LGBT people can experience drama for the first time, build on existing skills, have fun, make new friends, or just try something new and get involved with The Luvvies. For Luvviebabes phone David on 0785 483 6605
No previous experience is necessary, and it’s free!
Luvviebabes is open to anyone over the age of 16.
The Luvvies are here to:
- take part in producing pieces of dramatic theatre
- with the aim of putting these on stage for the general public
- produce dramatic theatre that expresses aspects of the lives and experiences of the LGBT community
- link to other groups within the LGBT Centre for Health & Wellbeing, Edinburgh, to enrich creative input, and skills of theatre productions
- provide a forum to facilitate development of artistic and organisational skills including any creative role connected to theatre
What do we get at the end of it?
- Increase the self-esteem and confidence of the membership
- raise awareness of LGBT issues
- contribute to a community spirit for LGBT people, and to help connect this to the wider community
- provide a vehicle for self-expression within the LGBT community
- provide members, their family and friends, and the public with a source of entertainment