NAKMAS, PO Box 252, Herne Bay, KentCT6 9AW
Phone: 01620 842 741
The aim of NAKMAS is to ensure that anyone who has an interest in martial arts has an opportunity to become involved.
NAKMAS is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst it’ workforce and members. Their aim is that their own workforce and members will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee, officer, volunteer, official and member feels respected and able to give their best.
NAKMAS aims to ensure that everyone, irrespective of gender, disability, race, age, sexual orientation , religion and belief, marital status, colour, ethnic origin or social status have a genuine and equal opportunity to participate in martial arts, at all levels and in all roles. NAKMAS opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Within it’s policy NAKMAS commits itself as follows:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all employees, officers and members are recognised and valued.
- No form of intimidation, victimisation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- To ensure that training development and progression opportunities and encouragement to develop their full potential are available to all employees, officers and members.
- To ensure members apply this policy to students and to running their clubs such as, syllabus, teaching materials, methods, examinations and assessments and their work does not fall outside the NAKMAS equality policy.
- To have a procedure to deal with discriminatory incidents of any kind.
NAKMAS achieved the Foundation Level of the Equality Standard, a framework for sport, in June 2009 and are currently working for the next level.